about nick cope...
As well as selling my CD's to all the lovely people around the world, I run regular sessions in and around Oxfordshire for
young children and their families where I perform my songs. I also regularly appear at schools and theatres and many of the
large music festivals and events for families all over the country.
I have established a very strong following of little people and their parents from all over the world and the parents love the
songs just as much as the children.
Please tell all your friends about my songs and do check the news and events for upcoming festivals and shows and I will hopefully see you sometime soon.
Best wishes Nick
"Out of all the singers that do children's songs, he's the best-est." (Megan, age 4)
"Performing to children is very much the same as performing to adults, only the people jumping around and screaming at the front are a little bit smaller" (Nick Cope, age 48)
A few things you might not know about Nick Cope
- I live in Oxford with my partner Amanda and our three children oh and not forgetting Norman the Whippet and our 3 chickens.
- I have been writing and performing songs for children and their parents for the last 6 years.
- It all started when I was asked to run a session at the Oxford Montessori school nursery it went rather well so I just carried on.
- I get my inspiration from working at schools and nurseries and listening to the children’s stories.
- I always try and keep the parents in mind when I am writing and recording as they are going to have to listen to the songs quite a few times !!!!
- My favourite song at the moment would have to be “The Pirates Breakfast” This will definitely be on my next CD.
- My favourite song to perform at the moment would have to be “Whole lotta fun” especially when everyone is singing and dancing with their hands in the air.
- In a previous life I was the lead singer in a band called the Candyskins.